MPF acts as an intermediary linking resources with unmet community needs within the objective of significantly reducing socio economic disadvantage on the Mornington Peninsula.
We pro-actively seek opportunities from within the community to address entrenched challenges in new ways by understanding and responding to fundamental structure parameters.
Our small grants form the basis of our work and have a number of functions: they generally meet an immediate need and improve the situation for a person or group of people in the short term; they often create opportunities to try new ideas and new ways of doing things; they give us a chance to get to know people in the community and gain information about existing local assets and broader systems, and most significantly, they can lead to the creation of much bigger projects that draw on these learnings and can take new ideas to greater scale.
- We have funded 53 projects with 23 complete and 30 underway.
- Grant amounts range from $500 to $1.05M and from one off events to projects over three years.
- Current commitments are through to FY2022.
- Since starting operations in April 2017 MPF has raised $ 2,490,270 in grant funding.
- Commitments are currently through to FY2022
- Administration costs are covered by the George Hicks Foundation.
ACTIVE PROJECT AREAS